Having a clean closet makes you feel like you’ve got it all figured out — even when you don’t. Try organizing your closet to give yourself a confidence boost this new year. Stepping (or gazing) into a well organized closet is an amazing way to start the day. Feel like a boss right out of the gate! Here are some tips to get you started.
- Use the can tab trick to hang tops with bottoms in ready-to-go outfits.
- Aim for uniformity: get uniform looking bins, baskets or crates to hold loose items like belts.
- Put the most-used items in easy to reach places, and rarely-used items down low or up very high.
- Donate, sell or recycle the items that you haven’t worn in two years or more. They are taking up valuable space!
- Have item-specific zones. One area of the closet should be for clothes only. Don’t pile in house-wear or linens just because you can’t find the space elsewhere. Instead, designate a different zone for those areas to stay organized.
- Think seasonal. Have a winter closet and a summer closet, and change the items in the forefront when the seasons change.
- If you have a walk-in closet, move any shoes, boxes, or other items off of the floor and onto shelving for a clean look.
If you’re feeling stuck this new year, try organizing the closet! You’ll have a new outlook on life by the time you are done. Let me know how it goes in the comments below!