Hair loss can easily shake up your confidence and can be upsetting. However, various surgical and non-surgical solutions can work wonders for you in styling as well as boosting confidence.
The two most common solutions are hair transplants and hair wigs. While both help in hair loss, there is a lot more you need to consider while choosing the option.
Here we have discussed the benefits of both these solutions, which will help make the right decision.
Wigs are hairpieces that are made up of synthetic or real human hair, which come with both pros and cons. While synthetic wigs cant be styled much, however they retain their shape quite effectively, human hair wigs, on the other hand, can be styled easily with a straightner, curler or dryer.
Amidst all its pros and cons, many people prefer to choose wigs that have proven their suitability, especially for those undergoing medical treatment such as chemotherapy or hair conditions such as alopecia or just for fashion.
Here are some benefits:
- They come with instant results.
- Unlike traditional hair treatments, you don’t have to spend hours waiting for results. Wigs transform your overall look instantly.
- They come with diverse styling options.
- Wigs come with diverse colors and styling options, such as human hair bob wigs that you can change your hairstyle anytime you want. You don’t have to commit to one style; instead, you can experiment and play around with different options.
- They are convenient to use
- Wigs can be easily used whenever needed. It does not need any planning or takes ample time for fitting it on your head.
- They help in hiding thin hair.
- It protects you from heating appliances.
- Many people go through hair loss issues due to heredity, diseases, hormonal changes and medications; this can cause patchiness and thinness of hair. Wigs can be used for hiding patches and thin hair, which will boost your overall confidence.
- Wigs come in diverse styles and colors, which means you can experiment with your look. Choose a wig that matches your original hair color. Trying different styles will save your natural hair from heat which further damages your hair growth.
- Helps in restoring confidence
- Hair loss can easily crumple your confidence since human hair looks more real and natural, so wearing them can help in boosting your confidence.
Hair transplant is a medical procedure that makes use of local anesthesia for hair loss treatment. The method is choosen depending upon the severity of your hair damage and loss; as suggested by doctor.
Usually, a hair transplant takes your hair follicles from the scalp, which is unaffected by the damage. It is then grafted into bald areas of your scalp.
- The treatment makes use of natural hair.
- The process make use of your natural hair extracted from your scalp so that the growth is natural and has the same color as your original ones!
- They are a permanent solution.
- The hair transplant cosmetic procedure is one time, permanent solution to your hair loss and damage. Thus it’s a one-time investment.
- They are low in maintenance.
- Hair transplants grow your hair naturally, so when your hair starts growing, they require regular maintenance, just like your natural hair.
However, this procedure can be painful, comes with risks and complications and can be expensive. This treatment also comes with a long recovery time and is rarely suitable for women.
There are various advantages of choosing hair wigs over hair transplant procedures. It protects your hair from heat styling and coloring, which can damage your hair further. Hair transplant, on the other hand, can be expensive and painful but provides a permanent solution.