Hello, spring! The wonderful world of warm weather clothing, exposed skin and dare I say it … smiles! is upon us in New York City.
For the fun, fresh and fabulous female, wearing a sundress is a staple wardrobe item as soon as the sun shines and the cherry blossoms tree explode in vibrant shades of pink.
You’d think that wearing a sundress is an easy spring wardrobe solution, but without some tips and tricks to truly wearing the right sundress for you, you are bound to make a style faux paus that could send that smiling sun behind the clouds!
So to help you with your sundress fashion statement this spring, here’s five mistakes you want to avoid when wearing a short, skimpy and sunny piece of attire in future warm weather days.
Mistakes to Avoid
1. Avoid wearing a sundress with spaghetti straps, unless you want to model Courtney Love circa 1995.
2. Avoid wearing a sundress with heels. Sundresses are not for cocktail parties.
3. Avoid wearing a sundress with multiple pieces of jewelry, or else you’ll find yourself weighted down by bling when all the dress wants you to do is look simple, sexy and free.
4. Avoid wearing sundresses which are not the best color for your skin tone and complexion.
5. Avoid wearing sundresses which are higher than the knee, or else you’re falling into the “babydoll” dress category.